But now, as Jim Rome would say, I'm out of the basement. So let's get to catching up, even if there's not a whole lot to mention.
- UTAH STATE BASEBALL!!!! They're currently at the National Club Baseball Association World Series in Georgia, two wins away from a national championship!! It'd be pretty freaking awesome if our team was able to finish this thing off and come out champs right in the heart of SEC country where USU has developed quite the quality rep since the start of last football season. Two more wins and the championship comes to Logan!!
- A new football recruit. Quarterback from SoCal. One has got to think that either one of he or Jeff Manning is going to redshirt this year, with the other serving as the 3rd string QB, and likely ending up never seeing the field and redshirting as well.
- Phil Steele put out his preseason all-WAC team. Tyler Larsen, Bojay Filimoeatu, Nevin Lawson and Kerwynn Williams (the kick returner) made the first team. Chuckie Keeton, Kerwynn Williams (the running back), Oscar Molina-Sanchez, Al Lapuaho, Jumanne Robertson and Kerwynn Williams (the punt returner) made second team. Eric Schultz, Patrick Ward, McKade Brady and Tyler Bennett made up the third team. And yes, Kerwynn Williams landed on there three times.
- Salt Lake Metro has a couple potential USU recruits who are tearing things up this summer. East High School's Parker Van Dyke was one of the top players at the Nor Cal Spring Showcase and has reportedly narrowed his college choices to Utah State, Arizona State, Stanford and Utah. South Sevier High School's Race Parsons was also named one of the top players and is a guy who the coaches will likely be watching closely throughout his senior year.
- One of these days, those basketball final grades will get finished.... Then some way too early season previews... One of these days...
- Boise State and San Diego State are apparently still set on going to the Big East, for which I personally don't blame them. I just can't envision the Big East losing AQ status. The people in charge of the BCS aren't going give up any power they don't have to give up, nor give any power away. If you're a smaller school and can have AQ status to play for, take it. You can always just pack up and bail a few years down the road if a playoff in some form happens.
It's good to be back!!!